Sunday, June 24, 2012

What a week!!

Sunday evening and I am pooped! This past week the kids had swimming lessons from 10-11 am and then Jase had British Soccer Camp from 7-9 pm every day.  And I think Tuesday was the only day we did not do anything in between the two activities.  Jase did great at swim lessons and improved so much.  We need to keep him in the water this summer to make sure he continues to practice swimming so it sticks with him.  As for Ally . . . not a fun experience at all.  I thought we were out of the blue when she did great on Tuesday, but that was basically the only day where I would label a success.  I think it is a combination of her being a little too young and not good with new people.  We talked about being brave and not scared all week, we prayed several times and took a lot of deep breaths.  I'm glad she finished the week out, even though she cried through most of it . . . we are not quitters!  Maybe next year.


As for soccer camp, I have mixed feelings about it.  The first night was great and was looking forward to it building each night and get better with each day.  Tuesday night ended up being cancelled due to the rain.  Then Wednesday night Jase missed due to an unplanned dental procedure (keep reading for details on that).  Also on Wednesday the guy who was coaching Jase's group got bit by a spider and actually had to go to the emergency room Thursday morning and he ended up being out of commission for the rest of the week.  So between Thursday and Friday night we had 3 new coaches work with the kids and while they did their best, the first coach really connected well with the kids.  All and all Jase had a great time and it was a good refresher for soccer in the fall.



The Wednesday before last, Shawn took Jase to the dentist to get two cavities filled and I took Ally with me to my doctor appointment.  Even with laughing gas, it was still very traumatic for Jase.  There was not a lot of space in the room, so Shawn could not be in there; he had to wait outside the room.  Well, his top tooth was still hurting him this week and he would not let me floss next to that tooth.  After 4-5 days I knew something wasn't right.  So this Wednesday morning I called the dentist and set up an appointment for him that afternoon.  They did x-rays on it and the dentist said it was fine and maybe it was his molar that was coming in that was applying pressure on it.  Before we left I had her floss in that same spot and she agreed that it was not right; it should not hurt still.  In the process of flossing it she chipped the filling and she said that she will need to fill it again and asked if we could do it today.  She explained to Jase that it would not be a big deal and showed him the white composite liquid she would use in the filling.  No problem.

We waited for our turn and then we walked back to get him all set up.  Of course since I am pregnant I could not be in the room or even right outside because it was not safe.  By this time my phone was completely out of battery and I do not have a car charger (on the list to get), so I could not text Shawn or anything.  The dental assistant who was setting him up with the gas told me that the dentist said if the filling doesn't take, then they would have to put a crown on . . . WHAT?!?!?  I guess he has already had this tooth filled twice (once last week and another time at a previous dentist).  I got so emotional with him not being comfortable laying on a stretcher and already crying and now the crown info, it was bad.  On our way to the waiting room I took Ally in the bathroom and just cried my eyes out like a big baby, I felt so helpless.  I pulled it together somewhat and we went to the car to get a snack and went back into the waiting room.

About 20 minutes later they called my name and Jase was standing there, still crying and really shook up.  I asked if he was finished and what he had done and she said they had to put a crown on.  I had no idea they were going to start or do the crown without letting me know.  I asked the dental assistant if he had been crying this whole time and she said yes.  I lost it again . . . this is my baby.  She asked me if I was ok and I said no.  And of course as soon as he saw me, he lost it even more.  ;-(  I asked if she needed anything from me because I needed to leave.  I was free to go, free of charge, and we headed home.  Both kids fell asleep on the way home and my mind was thinking about all sorts of things.  I know that this was just a crown, but I hate seeing my kids in pain or hurting.  I started thinking about what if this was a major operation or what if I lost him.  My emotions were everywhere.  Needless to say I was pretty shook up the rest of the evening.  So, that was an unexpected, not very fun, 2 hour dental visit.  Jase now tells everyone that he sees that he has a silver tooth.  ;-)

Saturday afternoon we took the kids to the Astros game.  This was our first family game this season (Jase went on opening night with Aunt Alisha and Uncle Joseph).  I spent the first half of the game explaining nearly every play to Jase and walking him through the scoreboard.  I enjoyed that!  He is a little sponge, soaking it all up.  From the moment we walked in to the stadium, Allyson was not having it.  In the last month or so she has not been doing all that great with new places with a lot of people.  I'm not sure if this stems from Disney World and being scared, but she did not relax until the game was nearly over.  Praying this "scared" phase ends soon, very soon.




This morning continued to be eventful.  We got the kids up this morning for church and little sister was not herself, she was pretty whiney and did not want to eat anything.  She downed 2 cups of milk and we thought that was better than nothing.  She is not a big breakfast eater anyhow.  We loaded them up in the truck and headed to Sunday School.  I dropped the kids off at their classes and went to mine.  I'm in our room for maybe 3-5 minutes and I get a message that Allyson threw up and it was quite a bit.  I rush over to her and my poor baby is sitting there wrapped up in a towel.  She had thrown up all that milk and it had curdled and all.  I felt bad for the teachers cleaning it up and very thankful at the same time.  Shawn was teaching Sunday School, so Alisha drove me home and I gave her a bath and settled her on the couch.  After Sunday School, Shawn and I tag-teamed and he came home and I went back to church.  I needed to teach the lesson to the preschoolers during our main service time.  I was a few minutes late, but it all worked out.  No more throwing up for Allyson, but she did have a loose bowel movement this evening.  We prayed for her tonight and hope the worst is behind us.

After church today, I drove out to Spring for a friend's baby shower.  Kristi is due a couple of days before me and is expecting her first child, a boy, Kasen James! :-)  Kristi and I met back in 2002 while working at Reliant Energy.  She was my best bud while I worked there for 6 years; we ate lunch together more times than not and always had great conversation.  I am so excited for her, her husband and the family on the arrival of her baby boy.  When a new baby comes into a family, it is such a special time; a true blessing from God!!


Tomorrow we have ZERO plans and boy are we excited, Jase included!  I might stay in my PJ's all day . . . Shawn, you have been forewarned! Haha!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Ally feels better soon. Poor Jase. I know how that feels. Enjoy your pajama day, sounds like you have earned it! Lol