Friday, June 1, 2012

31 Weeks

Hard to believe I am over 3/4 finished with this pregnancy. I am 31 weeks today and went for my check-up on Wednesday. Since the kiddos are no longer in school, they joined me on this office visit. Don't worry, these visits are pretty straight forward and I will not be checked until 36 weeks.

We were in the exam room and I sat the kids on the bench in the corner and they were watching a PBS kids program on my phone. The nurse came in, checked my weight (GEEZ), took my blood pressure and then it was time to check the baby's heart rate. I asked the kids if they wanted to come listen. Jase jumped right up and got on the stool next to the exam table . . . he was pumped!!! As for Allyson, she was not putting down the phone, which was completely fine since I'm not totally convinced she knows exactly what is going on since she tells me she has a baby in her belly too! ;-)

The nurse found the heart beat and Jase had a smile from ear to ear! Melted my heart to see him so excited about his little brother's heart beat. The nurse showed him the hand-held machine that was measuring the heart rate and told him it was beating 149 beats per minute. He thought that was the neatest thing. I'm so glad they joined me on this visit so he could experience that!

Afterwards, we were able to meet Daddy for lunch, which was a great treat for all 4 of us. I will now have an appointment every 2 weeks until 36 weeks, then it will go to every week until Finn arrives! :)

I have been feeling great, and all the walking at Disney was not a problem at all. I am carrying this baby pretty low and he is definitely out front, which my doctor told me I probably would. You should have seen all the looks I got while on vacation . . . people thought I was about to pop! And when I told them I had 10 more weeks they could not believe it.

I have been so blessed with healthy pregnancies and I am praying for a safe delivery in the next couple of months.

No comments: