Thursday, June 14, 2012

Round 2 of VBS and Reading

Today Jase finished up Vacation Bible School where he attended school this past year.  They put on a VBS solely for preschoolers and do another one next week for school-aged kids.  The pastor said they had 81 kids and 29 volunteers. The parents were invited back 30 minutes before pick up today to watch them perform all of their songs they learned this week.  Everyday when Jase came home he showed me all of the moves he had learned that day.  What can I say, he LOVES to dance!!

This week he learned to:
Depend on God
Dare to Care for others
Claim Jesus

When I was picking him up, his group leader said that Jase was the only one in his group that could quote John 3:16 word for word.  I wish I could take all the credit, but they have been practicing this bible verse for memory in Sunday School.  We practice at home as well, but a lot of thanks goes to Mrs. Patricia.  I was a proud Momma when they told me.  :)



Here is a short clip of the group performing one of their songs.  See if you can spot Jase in the video!



Lastly, this evening we were sitting on the couch, reading books before we went to bed and Jase wanted us to read Go, Dog. Go! to him.  I told him that he could read it and I would help him.  At first he didn't want to do it, but then he agreed to try.  {We have really started working with him on reading and trying to sound out words and also recognize sight words.}  This book doesn't look that long, but for a beginner reader I thought it would never end for him.  He did so awesome!!! Most pages he needed minimal to no help with words.  I was even able to explain a little about an exclamation point, period and question mark to him.  He is getting so big!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job reading Jase! That is awesome. Looks like you already have the homeschooling thing down Jessica and you have not even started! Way to go.

Jessica said...

I know Heather, super proud of him. He is really interested in words right now . . . I love it! :)