Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Loose Tooth & More!

What a day, what a day!!  We had such a busy day today, I thought I'd share it with you! :)

Shawn left early this morning for the airport.  He is off to Bolivia for 5 days, returning home Saturday afternoon.  This is actually the first work trip he has made this year, so we have been very blessed to have him home so much in 2012.

I made up my mind last night that I wanted to take the kids swimming today.  The weather forecast shows rain for the rest of the week, so I wanted to make sure we got a little swim in before that hits.  I woke up and made some sandwiches and peeled some oranges to take to the pool.  I was sitting at the table studying my VBS lesson and I hear Jase walking down the stairs.  He finds me and says "I gotta lost tooth" and points to his bottom teeth.  I said "oh you have a loose tooth?"  His FIRST one!! He said it happened in the middle of the night.  So exciting!!  He went to the dentist last Wednesday for his routine check-up and the dentist showed us on his x-ray that the root was completely gone on that tooth and that the adult tooth was starting to push up.  I felt the tooth last week, but it wasn't budging at all.  It is definitely loose now!!  I explained the whole baby/adult teeth to him and he now has a clear understanding of what is going to happen.



Eating has been somewhat of a challenge.  I hope I didn't make him paranoid about it.  This morning for breakfast he wanted a hard Special K bar for breakfast and I offered strawberries instead, he then suggested apples and peanut butter.  I went back to strawberries and watermelon and he said ok.  I explained that he needs to be careful eating hard things in the front and to eat them on the sides of his mouth, in the back.  Well, all day has been a little bit of an issue in the eating department.  Although he did eat crunchy Cheetos at the pool with no problem at all.  ;-)  It has been a while since I lost a tooth, but I do remember it being a big deal.  I love looking at him while he is playing with it with his tongue!
 
 
The pool . . . I was a little nervous taking them to a public pool by myself and being this far along with the pregnancy.  I am feeling fine, I just haven't taken them by myself to the pool yet this summer and wasn't sure how it was going to go.  The kids did awesome and it wasn't bad at all.  Since both kids are a year older than last summer, it was actually easier than last summer even though I am pregnant this year.  This kids have been playing so well together lately, I just love it.  Here is a clip of them sliding down the slide together.


We were at the pool for 3 hours and I don't think that Allyson took her sunglasses off, but for 5 minutes maybe.  I guess the sun is super bright for her and she keeps them on just fine. She did the same thing at Disney World too.


Oh, when we first arrive at the pool, my son has to take a poop.  Then as we are about to leave he has to take another! What can I say . . . he is regular! :)

We picked up food on the way home and as I'm about to sit down and eat, Allyson spills her entire milk jug on the floor! 8 ounces of milk seems like a gallon I tell you!  I get that cleaned up and we enjoy our lunch.

Then I lay her down in her bed.  I'm thinking a full belly and clean clothes should equal a good nap. I have Jase lay down on the couch and he turns on the tv and I take a shower.  I get out and I hear Ally upstairs talking and saying Mommy. Not whining at all, but wide awake for sure.  I let her lay there for a little while longer while I get ready.  At this point it is about 4:40 or so.  I decide to go up and get her since I wanted to leave for VBS shortly and did not need her falling asleep at this point.

I get up to her room and find POOP in her bed!!! Yep, she took a poop in her diaper and decided to put her hand in it and get it all over her sheets, pillow, shams, and comforter!!!! GAG! I wipe her down before putting her in the bathtub upstairs.  After cleaning her fingernails, I strip the bed and begin washing the bedding by hand in the sink.  This was NOT in the plans!! I'm so glad that I got her up when I did, otherwise we would have really been running behind.  I get her ready and throw the bedding in the wash for a sanitizing cycle!

VBS was great again tonight.  Everyone has a wonderful time praising the Lord together.  Whether we are singing songs, doing our craft, having lesson time, or learning our memory verse, the preschool age group has been great all 3 nights. 


What a long, but great day we had.  Oh wait, we are not through yet!! After leaving the church, we head down the road for a sweet treat! This was mainly my pick, but I knew the kids would enjoy it as well.  While eating ice cream out is expensive, tonight I bought the kids one small and asked if they would put it in 2 separate cups.  Each kid got enough to eat and it was half the cost! Not too bad!  I let Jase pick the mixin and at first he said sprinkles and gummy worms.  I told him, no only 1 and he ended up choosing m&m's.  He immediately told me he would chew them on the side! Ha! I said ok, if you think it will be fine to eat with your tooth; he didn't see a problem.  How convenient! And for the record, I got a double dark chocolate malt . . . super tasty.


Kids are now snuggled next to one another in my bed.  A little treat since Daddy is gone. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did have a busy day! That is so exciting about Jase's tooth. He is getting so big. I can't wait to read about him pulling it out. Only one more day of VBS. We can do this!