Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Let's Try This

Last night I was talking to a friend and she said that her daughter was doing great with going tee-tee in the potty, but would not poop in the potty.  She ended up doing a reward poster with her and after she pooped in the potty 5 times then she would get a prize.  I had actually bought a pink poster board on Saturday and had planned on doing a Potty Sticker Poster for her, since she LOVES stickers, but wasn't really going to do a reward, bust just allow her to randomly put a sticker on the poster if she tee-tees or poops in the potty.  Well after talking with my friend, I decided to do a reward after she is successful in the potty every 5 times.

I made a little chart and explained to Allyson about getting a prize every time she puts a sticker on number 5 or 10.  Today before her nap she pooped in the potty so she was able to pick out her own sticker (fairies, princesses and ballerinas) and put it on the chart.  I am still trying to explain that she only gets to add a sticker if she goes on the potty.  She thinks I should just give her a sticker just because, but I'm sticking to my guns!! I am hoping this will make her excited about going in the potty more often.  And it's not that she doesn't like to sit on the potty, she was probably on it today for over an hour . . . not kidding.  If she gets up and I ask her if she went in the potty and usually she tells me "I didn't" then I will take her back in there and sit her down.  She will stay there for 5 or so minutes and then repeat and repeat.  Tonight Shawn said "just put a pull-up on her already".  I told him we have been doing this all day and we have to keep at it.  This WILL pay off!!


As for swimming lessons . . . MUCH better today.  Allyson only cried for 5 minutes or so and then was great after that.  In all seriousness, I know God heard our prayers for little Ally.  And Jase did great too!  He was jumping into the deep end and swimming, then floating on his back and then doing the back stroke . . . all on his own!!  So big!!  Here are a couple of clips of them today (if you're interested); I mainly take them for Shawn, since he is at work and I know he wants to see how the kiddos are doing.


No comments: