Monday, June 11, 2012

Scrapbook and Pool

Wow, I can't believe it is already June 11th!  Crazy!  And we have been home from Disney for 2 weeks now.  Speaking of Disney, I still have yet to print out pictures or layout photos for their autograph books or a family scrapbook.  :-/  It's like that scrapbook that I never finished from when Shawn and I were dating.  I had this master plan to start it from the time we started dating up until our wedding.  Then after that we would have family scrapbooks and then some of the kids.  Yeah . . . ain't going to happen.  However, last year I switched over to digital scrapbooking and have had some success.  I ended up scrapping the first 2 years of Jase's life in the matter of days.  It was rather addicting at first, but I enjoyed it and I really loved seeing the results.  My end goal is the print all the 12 x 12 pages out and put them in an album.  I found a place online to print them for $1.99 a page and I've read great reviews on the quality of the prints.  One day!

This morning I was getting the kids around to go to the pool and Jase was in my bedroom spinning around.  He ended up falling and his face landed head-on in my nightstand.  I immediately rushed over to him and he was crying pretty hard. I looked in his mouth and he had blood sitting in there.  His bottom teeth had broken the skin of his bottom lip and he ended up with a nice busted lip.  Poor guy.  Once he calmed down, I moved him into the bathroom.  I had 3-4 spots of blood to clean up on the carpet.  And yesterday as we are walking into church his nose starts to bleed.  I hope this trend of blood does not continue tomorrow.

We ended up staying out at the pool today for almost 4 hours.  The kids had a good time and a friend from church ended up showing up with her two kids, so Jase had a little friend to play with, which he enjoyed.  I even had some potty training success at the pool today.  Allyson told me she needed to go to the restroom, so I took her.  She sat and sat on the potty, but nothing.  Then about 5 minutes later she told me she needed to go again.  Off we went to the restroom again and right when I sit her on the potty she went tee-tee!! I was so proud of her!

This evening we met Shawn's parents and brother at Chick-Fil-A for dinner.  The kids were excited to see Grandma and Grandpa.  Is it just me or do you always wish there was an extra nugget or fry left after you finish eating?!?  Maybe just me!  It is ooh so tasty there!  And I love their diet lemonade!! Quenches my thirst every time!

2 comments:

The Mery Family said...

You're not alone on wishing there was just 1 more in the box! What software are you using to do your digital scrap booking?

Jessica said...

I am actually using Picasa. I found this site http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.com/search/label/Scrapbooking%20With%20Picasa last year and used it to get started. I've also read that a lot of people use Photoshop, I am just not that dedicated to shell out any money yet. :)