Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Garden Gone Wild

So our garden has really taken off.  Some crops are doing better than others, but overall I am really happy with the production.  At first the squash were going crazy, but I'm not sure if the cucumbers are choking them out and taking over, but it looks like the cucumbers have really hit a growing spurt. The two tomato plants are not doing so hot.  Production has slowed down and what is left seems to rot on the vine and they are staying green.  It doesn't look like bugs are getting to them, but something else . . . maybe the heat! Ha!!  I read about what could be causing some of the decay on the way home from Disney, but I just haven't gotten around to treating them.  I planted other tomato plants from the seed and they are starting to produce now as well, we'll see how they do.

The cantaloupe and watermelon have completely went nuts and are growing everywhere.  I haven't seen any fruit from them yet though . . . until today.  I was looking at all of the plants and saw this green ball in the midst of all the cantaloupe vines.  It is a good size too, bigger than my fist.  That is the only one I saw from the cantaloupe and watermelon.


Tonight was the last night for VBS.  I had so much fun with our preschoolers this week and hope they had fun as well.  While it was a good time, this Momma is pretty tired and looking forward to some relaxation.


Jase continued to have a blast and was still going strong as we finished up the week tonight!


When we got home tonight, we ate dinner and then the kids studied the Disney maps.  They have been on the kitchen table for a few days and Allyson will look at them after every meal lately.  For 2 years old, she can tell you quite a bit from our vacation and where things are located on the maps.  I need to finish organizing our pictures and order pictures for the kids' autograph books.  I would like to do a family scrapbook, but that may be may pushed to the back burner since I still need to get around with Finn coming soon!!  There is always another project waiting in the wings!


And for those inquiring minds, Allyson did not have any accidents during her nap time today.  She actually pooped in her potty this morning . . . HUGE DEAL!!  And tonight before bed, she pottied in her potty!  I picked her up some princess panties today and I think we might put them on her early in the morning since we should be home the most of the day (doing laundry!). 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Ally! Maybe being around all those "big" girls gave her a little boost. She talked about Disney in class. It is amazing what they remember at this age.