Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby French Bread in the Oven

Ok...so I have been waiting FOREVER to post this...we are expecting!!! I am 12 weeks today! All of us are so excited!! Jase and Allyson pray every night for this sweet baby in Mommy's tummy.  :)  We even took the little ones to the first ultrasound back in mid-December.  And what was really amazing is that the kids, especially Jase, kept it a secret and did not let it slip.  I am due August 7, 2012.

It was a big Christmas surprise for my parents.  We had Becca take pictures of us the week of Christmas and I used a picture to tell my parents I was pregnant.

Watch this to see my mom and the family's reaction!  Completely priceless!


And this one to see my dad and Cony's response.  Too funny!


Here is the picture that we put in frame for the grandparents as a surprise.  We did not get any video of Shawn's parents, because somebody (uh hum, Shawn) spilled the beans before Christmas! ;)  So, it wasn't a surprise to his parents, but the rest of his family.


It was so funny to watch some people look at this picture and they were totally confused as to why our heads were cut off...they could not get over that!  There were some other full length shots, but this one was the best with the kids and their expressions!

Of course, Jase wants a little brother and Ally wants a little sister.  Either one would be more than perfect for us!  I think a little boy would be neat because I think it would make he and Jase closer to one another.  And then a little girl would be nice because she and Allyson would be born in the same season, so reusing girl clothes would really work out.  At the end of the day, we are praying that this little one is growing to God's perfection and we know that he/she will be perfect for our family.

I went to the doctor last Wednesday (1/11/12) and heard the little baby's heart beat and that was such a relief.  His/her heart was beating 166 BPM.  When I told my mom, she said it was a boy! Haha! I haven't had any sickness with this one, and I didn't with the first two either...so thankful for this.  I gained 1 pound last month and I am hoping my weight gain stays as low as possible.  But if I keep eating fries that will not be the case.

Anyway...we are so pumped and I'm glad I am able to share it with you today!

Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3

No comments: