Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

What a great start to a new year!! We started off the day with our morning church service. Shawn's older sister's family joined us in the service, so that was nice. Pastor Timmy always delivers a great message. We are about to start a series on Nehemiah and I am really looking forward to it. He said it will definitely challenge you, because it has challenged him while he has been studying it.

Afterwards we went over to my mom's house and had a feast...it was like a mini Thanksgiving with all of the appetizers and side dishes. The food was delicious and of course we had cabbage, black eyes peas and new potatoes to start the year off right. I think I could eat this food every week and not have a problem with it. My Aunt Susan and her grandson, Dylan, came over, along with my mom's friend. It was really a nice time.

We laid around and watched a little football, the kiddos played and then we played some games. We played Go Fish with Jase and he loves it...especially when he wins. We are trying to teach him not to boast so much when he wins, but that is a hard trait to teach. He definitely enjoys the celebratory part of winning.

On the last game of Go Fish, Jase decided he wanted to shuffle the cards. We all laughed so hard. It was so funny watching him gather all of the cards up. Below is a YouTube video of him. It is a little over 3 minutes, but definitely worth the time to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaeUssVMLM


Oh, and can I just say that I have been loving all the college bowl games. I have been glued to the tv. It has been a little ridiculous. I actually just looked up the schedule and saw that there are 6 games tomorrow! :) That puts a smile on this girl's face. I think my productivity around the house will increase after next week! Until then...I'll be enjoying a little football. If you need me, you know where to find me. ;)

A great start to a great year!

No comments: