Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary Nanny & PawPaw!

Today is my mom and step-dad's 24th anniversary!! I say step-dad because he isn't my biological father; however, he has been nothing short of a father to me.  He and my mom got married when I was 7 and I have always felt loved by him and his family.

I am so thankful that he looked past the stereotype of marrying someone with a child already, because I know I would not be where I am and who I am today if it weren't for his hand on my life.  Being a single mom, I know it was hard for my mom to make ends meet financially when I was younger.  We lived with my Nana in Pasadena, my aunt in Conroe and my mom's cousin in Houston over the course of a couple of years.  I never felt unstable growing up because I was always surrounded by loved ones.  After they married we finally put roots down in Pasadena and the rest is history.  Thank you Mom and Dad for the past 24 years!! I'm looking forward to many, many more! :)  I love you both.

We celebrated their anniversary yesterday afternoon after church at Jimmy Changa's for lunch.  The food and company was delicious!!


No comments: