Monday, January 30, 2012

Breakfast Blues

Jase will be 5 in a few months and I feed him breakfast every morning.  You would think by now that I would have this meal down to a T.  WRONG!!  I think this kid's taste buds change overnight.

He could eat a blueberry waffle every morning and I know he would love it, but I just feel bad feeding him the same thing everyday.  So, I try to change things up a bit.

A few weeks ago he talked me into buying him Oreo Cookie Pop Tarts.  It's basically a dessert for breakfast.  He ate those things right up, but after seeing his teeth (BLACK) I told him that we are going to have to find something else.  He picked out Cherry Pop Tarts the next week and loved them one day and not so much the next day.  I've bought him Lucky Charms, which he likes, but only the marshmallows . . . sorry kid, I'm not buying the cereal for the marshmallows!!  I tried honey nut Cheerios (which I love), nope.  Trix . . . not a chance.

Then about a month ago he ate Cookie Crisp cereal at his grandma's, you know the old commercial "cooookie crisp" and they chase the bad guy and lock him up in jail for stealing the cookie crisps.  That is my association with that cereal.  Anyway, Shawn told me that he thought it was the best thing ever.  I was against buying it, but I finally broke down last week and bought a box.  When I got it out yesterday before church he ate it up!!  Loved it!  I made him a bowl this morning and after he had a few bites he didn't like it.  This kid is driving me nuts!!  So, a blueberry waffle it is.

Now, he will eat yogurt and fruit, but isn't always in the mood for it.  And I have also been buying that Sara Lee Blueberry Crumble bread . . . it's so good toasted with butter on it.  He doesn't like it.  And he will not eat a piece of toast to save his life.  I did make blueberry muffins on Saturday morning and he liked those.

My goal is to make a hot breakfast for him a couple of times this week and see how that goes.  Maybe scrambled eggs, pancakes and some more muffins.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: