Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake

I bought some strawberries the other day and did not want them to go to bad, so I decided to make some strawberry shortcake tonight for dessert.

I grew up eating it on angel food cake and that is good, but there is nothing like strawberry shortcake on biscuits. I was introduced to it this way at the lake house in New York with Shawn's family, they have it with warm biscuits (made out of Bisquick). They also pick fresh strawberries. :) You wouldn't think it would be good on a biscuit, but it is oh so tasty. Butter that bad boy up, put strawberries on top (that have been sitting in sugar in the fridge) and top it off with some whipping cream. Dee-lish-us!!




Now I did make the biscuits with Heart Smart Bisquick mix and fat free milk. And I tried to use Splenda instead of sugar on the strawberries, but that didn't really work out. It was not making that good sugary liquid, so I snuck a few tablespoons of sugar in there! ;)

Next time you make strawberry shortcake, try the biscuits out!

No comments: