Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We decided to exchange Valentine's with the kids tonight instead of tomorrow. Jase has his first t-ball practice and we will have to eat afterwards and get to bed for school for the next day, so tonight just worked out better.

Jase was so excited opening his gift. He got some new Star Wars mini spirals, crayola twistable colored pencils, strawberry plant, Star Wars bandages and coloring/sticker book, Lego SW stickers, and a bag of M&M's. I tried to keep the candy down to a minimal this year since we have had trouble with cavities and I knew he'd be getting some from school. He loved it all and I'm so glad. And I didn't spend a fortune either, most of it came from the dollar section in Target. :-)




Allyson liked her gift as well. She got some crayola twistable colors, doodle pad, M&M's, princess bandages, Disney Fairy Chapstick, Princess lip gloss, Minnie Mouse stickers, new cups, and flowers for us to plant. Shawn put the lip gloss on her right away and she loved it, of course.




I made a family gift of chocolate covered strawberries and they were yummy. This is actually my first time to make them and they were a big hit for all.




We all 4 went out to eat for Valentine's. This may sound cheesy, but we went to a Chinese buffet. The last time I went to one was probably a year and a half ago, a long time. I am not a lover of Asian food at all. I'll eat Mexican and Italian food until I am blue in the face, but I do not have a desire for Asian food.

Shawn has been on a spring roll kick lately, so I thought this would be a treat for him. The kids ate a TON of chicken nuggets and I stuck to my usual chicken fried rice, egg rolls and lemon chicken without the lemon sauce. I think I had one too many plates of rice because I keep burping it up . . . not fun. What stinks is that the place we went to first no longer has a buffet. They had the best corn fritters (not kidding) and cream cheese puffs. Those are staples for me there! The second place we went to was ok, but I was definitely bummed when I found out the other place removed their buffet. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to spending my day tomorrow with my two little Valentines. :-)

2 comments:

My Family said...

Gotta love the target dollar isle! Hope his first practice went well.:)

Jessica said...

Thanks Heather!! His first practice was great!! 3 times a week for the next 5 weeks...am I ready for this?? LOL!