Thursday, February 2, 2012

Time with Jase

The past few days I have heard Jase pick up his Star Wars books from the library and try to sound out words.  I have sat down with him in the past to sound words out, but he was not ready for it.  Based on the past few days, he is ready now.

After I laid Sister down for her nap today, Jase and I sat on the couch and we read the book together.  I started off following the words with my finger and then he quickly followed.  Monkey see, monkey do!  :-)  I would say a word and then he would repeat it.  If I came across a word that we had already read or was a 2-3 letter word then I would wait and see if he would read the word first.  I was so excited to hear him read a few of the words on his own.  After a few pages (and these pages had quite a few words on them) he said he wanted to take a break and get a drink. I told him that his mouth was probably dry from all that reading!!  Chocolate milk doesn't really sound like something I would drink to quench my thirst, but apparently it does the trick for Jase.  :-)

We then went into the office and he wanted to practice writing letters and numbers.  After that I went through a stack of sight words with him.  We made up sentences for all the words (of course, some were Star Wars related) and I had him spell some of them.  It is so great to see his little mind working!!


As for breakfast, I made pancakes this morning.  It was a no-go for Ally and I had to stay on Jase to finish one!  Man . . . what is with kids these days?!?!  Tomorrow morning sounds like yogurt and fruit if you ask me!

No comments: