Thursday, February 23, 2012

Typical Thursday Morning

This morning we had no where to be, and we usually don't on Thursday's.  Jase and I got up around 8:30 and Allyson slept a little past 9:00.  After the kids watched a show and ate breakfast, the kids found me at the kitchen table and joined me for some sticker/color time.  It is so funny because how Ally is with stickers was exactly how Jase was at that age.  She takes all the stickers off the sheet and just sticks them wherever.  No rhyme or reason on where it goes.  I remember that when Jase was this age I tried to find him a sticker book, you know the ones we had as kids with blank pages, but I never found anything.  I'm glad the kids enjoy coloring and being with me!


On Monday while the kids were at school I went to Lifeway Christian bookstore.  I picked up the books I went there for and headed to the kids section to see if I could find any books for the kids.  I saw the Frog Wars book and it was beyond perfect for Jase.  He is so into Star Wars right now I knew that he would love this book.  I also picked up Moses and the King easy reader so I could work with Jase on reading. 


Later this morning we all three got shoulder-to-shoulder on my bed and read Frog Wars.  VeggieTales does a great job with their movies and books.  The message is always great and there is always a comical level that keeps you amused . . . I even enjoy them!  Anyway, some of the characters in Frog Wars are Sweet-Pea-3-Oh (C-3PO), Dark Visor (Darth Vader), Achoo Bless-U (R2-D2), Cuke Sandwalker (Luke Skywalker), and Princess Hair-Spraya (Princess Leia).  Jase and I both giggled when reading their names.  The bible story in the book was about Moses trying to free the Israelites from King Pharaoh and the plagues and how Moses never gave up.  When we finished Frog Wars we then picked up the Moses and the King and I got so excited . . . how cool! I had no idea that Frog Wars would be over the story of Moses and the King.  It was great to reinforce the bible story again with a different book. We all enjoyed it!! I'm so thankful for this time with my kids!

Oh, and when Jase woke up this morning the first thing he said "only 2 more days until Daddy is home!" Can't wait! :-)

No comments: