Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rough Monday

Yesterday morning we were all dragging.  Well not Shawn, I think he left the house at 5:30 am for work!! But me and the kiddos did not want to get up at all.  We were a few minutes late to school, but lunches were made, hair was fixed, breakfast was ate, kids were dressed and teeth were brushed, so that is a success in my book! ;-)  Here lately Allyson has not wanted to go to school.  She is definitely a Momma's girl, but she will nearly be in tears when I tell her that she has school today.


Ally on the way to school
When I dropped her off at her classroom she had a major melt down and tears were flowing, and almost by me as well.  ;(  I hated to leave her like that, but the teacher took her and off they went into her classroom.  About 5 minutes later I got a call and it was her teacher, telling me that she has calmed down and was playing. Whew!!

I am in need of some pants/capris to wear since my existing maternity wardrobe is a size or two too big.  Last week I went to a resale store and picked up some cute maternity capri pants for $12 and I love them. I was talking to a friend and she suggested thrift stores . . . never thought about looking there.  Maternity clothes are not cheap, so I don't want to drop a ton of money on clothes that I'll only be in for 5-6 more months.  So, if I could find some cute, used pants, I am totally fine with that.  I was able to find two pair for around $7 each, so not too bad.  After I washed them, one pair worked out great and the other was a little tight in the thighs (a problem area you could say).  I did; however, find a huge selection of women's western shirts.  So, if this is your style or if you want to match with all your girlfriends, let me know and I will pass along the hot spot! :-))


While I was out, I decided to stop and grab some lunch.  Yes, lunch for 1.  I actually do not mind eating alone sometimes, gives me a few minutes stop and think.  Just as I'm seated my phone rings . . . it's the kids' school!!  Oh no, what happened?!  The Director told me that Jase was in a collision in the gym and the back of a boy's head hit Jase's nose while they were playing basketball.  She said that his nose bled pretty bad.  If you're not aware Jase has a pretty sensitive nose and will have nose bleeds when the weather gets real dry.  She said he was ok, but wanted to call and let me know.  I asked if he was fine to stay and she said that he was ok, but wanted to make sure she told me and also that he has blood on his shirt.  My poor kiddos were having a rough day!!

When I picked them up, they were both playing and all smiles.  I was definitely glad to see that.  There have not been any major set backs today, so we are doing good.

3 comments:

Casey said...

Poor babies:( hope yalls week gets better....

PS- western shirts are awesome! I'm lol

My Family said...

Hope your week gets better!

Jessica said...

Thanks ladies!! I'm glad that Monday did not set the tone for the rest of the week!