Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend was a busy one, but a great one.  Friday night was family night at the house.  Saturday, we split during the day, and I went to a baby shower for a good friend who is expecting a new baby boy.  Here is a burp cloth and bib I made for her.  While I was making it, I had a realization that I could be making something for my new baby soon . . . EEK!!  So excited!! 16 weeks right now and in a little over 2 weeks we'll have the ultrasound to see our little Miss or Mr.  :-))


Later that evening we took the kids over to Aunt Alisha's and Uncle Joseph's to stay the night.  This was Ally's first time to stay the night over there.  Jase asked me "can I just stay the night at Aunt Alisha's and Ally can stay at Nanny's?"  Little toot!! He wanted to be the center of attention over at Aunt Alisha's house.  They had a blast and I think this has really connected Ally and Alisha, as she did not want to go with Mommy after church!!

Since we had the night without kiddos, we decided to hit the town and eat a little Olive Garden with some friends.  It was so yummy!! And maybe a little too yummy because I checked the scale this morning and I am a whopping 3 pounds heavier from yesterday morning . . . SICK! I gained 1 lb from 6-10 weeks, 5 lbs from 10-14 weeks and I think from 14-16 weeks I have already gained another 5 lbs.  I am not handling the weight gain very well.  I really need to increase the exercise!

The main reason the kids stayed the night away from home last night is so that I could take Shawn to the airport early this morning.  He is going on a Missions Trip to El Salvador to drill a water well for a village without clean water.  The team he went with will be working with Living Water International (LWI) to drill the well.  Me and the kiddos spoke to him this evening over skype and he is all settled in at the LWI home and they will head out in the morning to the village to meet the people there, have lunch in their homes, and start on the drilling process after lunch.  What a great experience for Shawn.  I am praying that the Lord uses him there to touch the lives of these people. 

On another note, it is never easy saying goodbye to your hubby, especially when you physically drop them off at the airport.  We both prayed before we left this morning and had a good talk on the ride to the airport.  We kissed and said our goodbyes and I told him I loved him and to be safe.  His last words to me were "it's not about us."  And that is so true.  At the end of the day, God called us to be His hands and feet to the world.  I had a few teary-eyed moments driving back home as I listened to Enter His Gates on KSBJ.  God really ministered to me through worship songs this morning, and by 7:30 I felt I had already been to church and felt the Lord had spoke to me.

This really hit home: My hope is in the Lord, and not in my circumstances.  How true is that? No matter what I am going through I need to realize that my hope and light comes from the Lord and not from what is happening around me, good or bad.  Also, a statement was made that we were made to be awake during the day and sleep at night while it is dark.  What a simple thought, but when you really think about it, we were made to be awake and live in the light, God's light.  Those words really spoke to me. 

Anyway, the 30 minute drive back home was great for my soul and I feel like it really gave me what I needed to endure the week ahead without him.  I am excited for Shawn and his trip and pray that he has a great experience and is able to be a blessing to the people in El Salvador.

Allyson at a baby shower tonight at Church

No comments: