Friday, February 10, 2012

Movie Day

This morning I took Allyson to the movies to see Beauty and the Beast.  It has been out for a while and I have been wanting to take her, but never made the time.  Fridays are great days for us to do things together since Jase is at school.  She did great and I didn't have to chase her any.  She did wander down our row a few seats, but nothing too big.  I always tell her that she is a princess, so I was trying to drive home the princess factor in the movie.  I asked her what her favorite part of the movie was and she said "Bella" aka Belle! LOL!

As we were walking out she starting throwing the biggest fit and did not want to leave . . . she saw a Chipmunks "Chipwrecked" poster!!  We saw it back in November, but I guess she thought we were going to stay and watch it again.  What is really funny is when my mom came over later and asked her what she saw at the movies, she told her "Chipmunks"!!  Little stinker!

While we were at the movies I went ahead and picked up tickets for Star Wars: Episode 1 for the evening.  If you've read any of my previous posts, Jase is completely ate up with Star Wars right now.  Shawn and I previewed the movie a week or two ago and deemed it age appropriate for Jase.  We are very particular as to what he watches, so it was important for us to approve.

{I recorded a couple of the Star Wars cartoons: The Clone Wars, on Cartoon Network this past weekend and was excited for him to watch them.  Well, after sitting down and watching one with him I realized that it was not age appropriate.  It had a lot of sorcery/witchery in it that I did not approve of.  He probably did not understand what all was going on, but I pulled the plug on the show.  Yes he was upset, but it was a good teaching moment on things that we should and should not watch.}


Daddy and Jase sporting their Star Wars shirts at Firehouse Subs

Daddy tapping into the force and Jase using his light saber
So, at this point he has no idea where we are going . . . we love surprising the kids!! We told him that we have a surprise for him and he said "Chuck E Cheese?" I got a free poster when I purchased the tickets, so in the car ride over to the movie theater I handed it to him to open up.  Shawn was driving and I recorded him as he opened it up . . . he was SO excited!!





Waiting in line for the movie

Mommy and Jase waiting for the movie to start!

It was a great night!  He loved the movie and is already talking about seeing the 2nd one, of course!!  One at a time young Padawan! :)  (And for you non-Star Wars people, a Padawan is a Jedi Knight in training!)

2 comments:

My Family said...

How cute! After reading what you said on FB my dad took Caden to see it today. He LOVED it!

Jessica said...

Great!!! Glad to hear he loved it as well! :)