Wednesday, March 28, 2012

4th Time's the Charm

Thursday when I was out running errands with the kiddos, I decided to drop my ring off for an inspection, cleaning and rhodium dipping.  During the inspection the lady noticed that my engagement ring was wavy where the side diamonds were mounted.  She said this is normal wear and tear, but they needed to rebuild the channel so the diamonds would not fall out.  Only cost to me was time since we have a warranty on it.  No problem and it would be ready on Monday at noon.

I show up on Monday at 12:20, and they said that my pick up time was 1:00, but they needed until 2:00.  Ok, I'll come back tomorrow and pick it up because I had to be back at 2:00 to get my kids from school.  Yesterday I showed up at 11:40 with the kids and go to put my ring on . . . it doesn't fit.  For some reason when the lady wrote the order she put that my size was a 5!! So, when they rebuilt my engagement ring, they sized it and my wedding band down from a 6 to a 5.  Not good.  She said they could fix it and it would be ready at 3:00 pm.

I had already told the kids we would eat at Chick-fil-a, so maybe we could find some things to do in Webster while my ring was getting fixed.  We stayed at Chick-fil-a for a while, probably over an hour and a half while we ate, the kids played, Ally threw up and we visited the restroom 3 times!! What an outing in itself!

Jase needed a haircut, so I found a Cool Cuts nearby and we headed there after the Chick-fil-a fiasco.  The barber asked Jase if he wanted to watch a movie or play a video game and he chose to play a Cars game.  Other than a Wii controller, I'm not sure if he's ever held a video game controller.  It was so funny to watch him try to play this game with over 10 buttons on the controller.


Someone else wanted a haircut too, but we are letting her beautiful locks grow! :-)



It was nearly 3:00 pm, so we headed over to the jewelry store to pick up my ring.  I put it on and it fit, so that was a good sign.  Getting the kids in and out of the car and especially to go into a jewelry store and keep them preoccupied is NOT fun.  I headed out the door with my ring.  After I got the kids buckled in, I took a closer look at my ring.  It felt a little tighter than when I had dropped it off last Thursday, but I could get it on and off so I thought it was ok.  The more I looked at it, I noticed that my engagement ring and wedding band were not lined up properly (they are soldered together).  The rings were not flush with one another, making the size smaller.  At this point, I was almost in tears with frustration.  I mean no one would probably notice that it was not perfect, but then again I was right there and probably should take it back in.

I get the kids out of the car and we go back in to drop it off.  They were very apologetic about it and I was nice about it too.  I mean, what I am going to do?!?  Last Wednesday we heard a message from Brother Darren about the love of Christ constraining (controlling) you (2 Corinthians 5:14).  I always try to put my best foot forward, but since this message I have made a conscious effort to allow the love of Christ control me.

So, today I called the jewelry store before I left the house and it was ready.  I drive out there and pick it up and it looks great!  4th time's the charm!  I can honestly say that I was nervous to pick it up today, but it turned out just fine.  And my ring was purchased in 2003 and this is probably the first time we've had an issue.  I'm glad this is all over and I have my ring back!

No comments: