Friday, March 16, 2012

Strawberry Pickin'

This morning me and my mom took the kids out to Froberg's to pick strawberries.  I had read on their website that there was a line to park on Thursday, so I knew we better get out there early.  They opened up at 9:00 and we got there around 9:40.  There was a police officer directing traffic, but we were able to get a parking spot right away.  We got a bucket and were on our way!




The kids had a great time picking strawberries and Ally did an awesome job and did not pick a flower one.  I can't believe this was our first time to go.  We will definitely be doing this again.  Lessons learned for next time: do not bring a purse, the kids will get muddy, and closed toe shoes for Allyson!  I need to get some cute rubber boots for next time!! ;-)  Oh and when we left, sure enough there were two lines waiting to get into the parking lot! Crazy!!

The kids (and us) were pretty beat afterwards, but the fun didn't stop there!  Nanny treated the kids to some jump time.  Ally was a little timid to get on at first, but she finally warmed up, and Jase had a blast from the word GO!



After jumping it was definitely lunch time.  We wanted to go ahead and feed the kids down in Alvin since I knew they would be asleep pretty soon in the car.  Mom had recently ate at the Casa Ole there and said it was good, so we went with that.  Also, they have a buffet with tacos, enchiladas, taquitos, tamales, rice and beans and chile con queso!! SIGN ME UP!! Haha!! Jase decided on Mac and Cheese (no surprise) and me, mom and Ally had the buffet ($6.99 each).  And it was nice because Ally was free.  Seemed like a great deal to me.  As we were eating and getting close to finishing up, I noticed that no one else ate off of the buffet.  Everyone else was ordering meals off of the menu.  And most of them even ordered queso; I mean I was really paying attention and taking note at this point.  I told my mom and she wondered why too.  We forgot to ask our waitress if a lot of people ordered the buffet.  I'm not sure what the locals know that we do not, but it is several hours later and I feel fine.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous when I noticed we were the only ones eating the buffet.


The kids had a great day and fell asleep on the car ride home.  And their nap continued when we got home and I even joined in too!!

No comments: