Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LEGO Star Wars Update

Jase is still a fan and plays LEGO Star Wars nearly everyday. Other than a couple of small sets he got for Christmas, he hasn't received any since then. His imagination to transform his existing Lego people into Star Wars characters amazes me. Darth Vader is formed out of a police uniform, a black head turned backwards and a woman's black hair piece. I love it! And Darth Sidious (leader of the Sith) has a set of handcuffs in each of his hands to represent the lightening he shoots out.

A few weeks ago he wanted Daddy to make Darth Maul's face (another villain) using markers. So we got out the sharpies and went to town. We also colored some of the gray light sabers blue and red to match the characters. Yesterday Jase wanted me to make capes for all the characters. So I got out card stock, scissors and a small circle punch and did my best. Jase loved them and had me make more today!! I enjoyed playing up in his Lego room these past couple of days.





He loves to watch Lego Star Wars on YouTube. We try and monitor the shows pretty close and some of them are off limits because we do not think they are age appropriate. Tonight after we played Legos he wanted to watch some videos, so I set the timer on my phone for 11 minutes and set up YouTube for him. He knows that when the timer goes off, he's finished, no more videos.

I handed him my phone and he went to his room while I tidied up the upstairs. I walked into his room and he said "I want you to watch this one." I told him, you're wasting your time, you watch the ones you want to watch and don't wait on me. Of course, we watched it together and then he selected another one and we watched it. We weren't sure of the characters in the video, so I looked at the YouTube description and comments to see if I could figure it out and he says "you're wasting my time!" Hahaha! I literally had to hold back from laughing! I handed over the phone.

I love to see his little mind at work and his creativity flowing.

No comments: