Sunday, March 25, 2012

Let's Play Ball!! - Updated

A couple of hours after the parade we headed up to the ball field for our first game of the season.  We got up there early enough to watch most of the game before us and OH MY WORD, this is some serious stuff!! LOL!  The intensity level went up right there and let the strategy begin!!

The first two innings in our game were neck and neck.  They scored 5, we scored 5 and so on.  The top of the 3rd inning we got three outs with two forces out at home by the pitcher and Jase made the final out of the inning by tagging a runner at short stop!  We only allowed them to score 1 run that inning! We ended up scoring 5 runs that inning, so we were up 15-11.  Top of the 4th they scored 5, so they were up 16-15.  Time was up, so we would complete inning.  We needed 2 runs and we would win.  They ended up getting an out at first base, geez, here we go.  A few batters later we got the two runs and that was the ball game!




One minor detail from this proud Momma . . . Jase's first at bat in the second inning is one that I'll remember forever!  Daddy lined him up and the umpire placed the ball on the tee.


He hit the ball to the right side and through the infield.  Jase ran fast and did an awesome job listening to the base coaches.  He rounded 1st, then 2nd, and finally 3rd . . . HOME RUN!! His first ever at bat, a home run.  Ok, if it would have been a single I would have been pumped as well.  I was helping out in the dugout, so I had a great view.  I was jumping up and down, yelling "RUN, RUN!" It was awesome!!  I'm sure Little Man in my tummy felt like he was on a roller coaster from all the jumping I did!! As I'm typing this he is kicking, so I know he is doing just fine.

What an awesome game.  All the boys played very well and I was really impressed with all of them.  And the coaches too, especially Coach Shawn :-), did a great job!!  I'm looking forward to all of the games and it brings back memories from when my little sister and brother used to play and we would get so fired up and you thought you were going to have a heart attack cheering them on.  SO FUN . . . I LOVE IT!

Updated...3/27/12
My sister read my blog and sent me an e-mail telling me that I was missing one picture on this post.  She attached the picture below.  What an AWESOME picture she took and the moment it captured!! This is Jase coming in from his home run and that is me giving him a hi-five! Tears came to my eyes when I saw it! Thank you Alisha for sharing it with me!!

2 comments:

My Family said...

That is a GREAT picture! What a memory! Very sweet.

Jessica said...

:) I agree, what a memory!!