Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baby #3: Ultrasound Results

Today was THE day!! After a two hour delay, we finally got to see the baby on the "big screen"! The radiologist said that the baby looked healthy and congratulated us! Oh and one little detail . . . IT'S A BOY!! We are very excited to associate a little baby boy with this little person in my tummy! Since the kids have been a part of this pregnancy from the beginning, we decided to tell the kids first.  That meant that I would wait until Daddy got home from work and we would tell them together.  I forewarned my friends and family that it would be after 6:00 pm before I could tell them.  Here is a video of us telling the kiddos tonight before church.  (Caution- the word "wee-wee" is used several times!)


As you can tell Jase was super excited and I think Ally was still in the mode of telling us what she wanted.  She is very happy about her baby brother and so are we!! I actually had a dream over the weekend and another one this morning telling me that it was a boy.  Dreams do come true! ;-)

The baby currently weighs 9 ounces and appears to be healthy from the ultrasound scan and measurements.  The radiology technician calculated my expected due date (EDD) at 8/3/12 based on my cycle date and the measurements, but my doctor has 8/7/12 as the EDD.  The tech was asking me all kinds of questions about my cycle, due date, and my first ultrasound date that it kind of got me nervous and that something was wrong.  She said that she could not figure out how my doctor arrived at an 8/7/12 EDD.  I told her that I didn't know, that he looked a little chart and said 8/7/12.  When I saw him after the ultrasound I was thinking that he might adjust the due date, but he didn't.  So, 8/7/12 is still the EDD, which is completely fine with me.

My doctor said there was one thing unusual about my ultrasound.  He said that I am 18.7 weeks along and I measured 18.7 weeks, which he said rarely happens.  I gained 5 pounds this month, bringing it to a grand total of 11 pounds to date. I still have not had caffeine (as it has been linked to birth defects when your intake is above a certain amount), but I could definitely stand to eat a little better.  Since we have started baseball I have definitely increased my exercise since I have helped out at every practice, but I really need to be walking more.  I'll start Monday! :-)

A name . . . we don't have a clue.  We had a girl name picked out and read to go, but we'll just put that one on standby for baby #4!!  Haha!!  We'll cross that bridge IF we ever get there!

Here are a couple of ultrasound pictures from today.  I just love the profile pictures.  We have them from Jase and Allyson as well.  Shawn and I both think his little profile resembles our other two: they had prominent nose/lips features as well.


This is his bottom, wee-wee and legs :)
We are very blessed with our bundle of joy and thank the Lord for him.  Tears came to my eyes when we were told "it's a boy!"  I was completely overwhelmed with emotion and cannot believe that it is all happening so fast. 

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:13-14

3 comments:

My Family said...

How exciting! Congrats on another boy. Glad you are both healthy.

Casey said...

so sweet :) i would be sooo happy with another boy too!! congrats !

Jessica said...

Thanks Ladies! :)