Friday, March 2, 2012

So sweet

It is just me and the kiddos again this Friday night. Shawn went on a short mens retreat with our church today and will be back tomorrow evening. I pray that the holy spirit surrounds them and gives them exactly what they need to hear.

Jase had practice tonight so I asked my mom to watch Ally for me so I could help out at practice. Since we are actually on a real baseball field this practice, we do real game situations with the boys. I help out in the field and tell the boys what to do if the ball comes to them. I don't know what it is, but it seems like I have way more patience with all of the other boys than with Jase. Or when the others are playing in the dirt I can tolerate it, but when my son is not paying attention it becomes a serious issue. And it's not always that he's goofing off at practice, but he is always TALKING. If we tell him to throw the ball to first, he responds with "what if . . ." and starts giving me scenarios. No Jase, just throw the ball to first. And then I catch him telling other kids what to do, not in a mean way, but trying to help them out, but that is definitely not his role. We had a "talk" on the way home from practice about listening and hopefully we are on the same page. If not, it will be a long season.

We picked up dinner afterwards and came home and ate. Jase was complaining that his feet were hurting him, so I let him sit on the couch for a while and watch some shows we had DVR'd. I offered to rub his feet, but he said he was ok. :-) Aunt Alisha also went to practice with us and was still at the house at this time. It was getting late, so after his last show, I told him he was going to bed. We walked Alisha out and I walked him upstairs to tuck him in. As we were walking upstairs he asked "can we do my devotion?" It was so sweet. Here it is after 10:00 pm and he wants me to read a bible story to him. I just love him. And this is the same boy I wanted to knock up side the head (but I didn't) just a few hours earlier. We read about Joseph from the old testament getting thrown into a hole by his brothers and then they later sold him to some traders that were passing by for 20 pieces of silver. The gist of the lesson was to remember God's blessings, especially during the hard times. What a lesson we could all apply to our lives.

Dear Lord, thank you so much for blessing me with my children. Please let their hearts stay tender and I pray that they never stray from you. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

2 comments:

My Family said...

I feel the same way about Caden! The other boys can do something, but when Caden does it drives me nuts! This season has already been much better. Just remind yourself he is only 4. lol That is what I did.

Jessica said...

@Heather- glad I am not alone here! I definitely need to keep his age in perspective! :) Maybe there is a debate league for 4-5 year olds...he might do better and enjoy it more than recreation sports!! ;)