Saturday, March 24, 2012

Opening Day Parade

We started the day off early this morning.  Don't laugh, but it was 5:50 am, and that was SUPER early for me!  I ran and got donut holes and kolaches from Shipley's . . . super yummy!!

Decorating the trailer went pretty well.  We kept it simple and didn't end up opening up half of the balloons and streamers.  You'd rather have too much than not enough, right?  The baseball plates that I found turned out super cute I thought.


The boys really enjoyed seeing their friends and family in the crowd.  I was in the truck with four of them and their little faces lit up when I told them that their family was coming up and to throw candy at them.


Since Daddy was driving his truck and I was riding in the back of the truck, Allyson stayed with my Mom, Aunt Alisha and Uncle JoJo while the parade was going on.  My mom said that she had a great time and loved picking up candy.  She also got a huge collection of necklaces; Miss Mardi Gras!


The boys had a blast throwing candy out to the crowd.  It was so funny to see some of them throw like 8 pieces of candy at a time and then others (my son being one of them) only throw a piece here and there because he didn't want to run out!!  Haha!! He is SO me!!


What a great start to a wonderful day!  LET'S GO ASTROS!!

No comments: