Monday, March 26, 2012

It's a start

This weekend we were busy in the yard, both the front and back. I started Friday afternoon on the front yard. Our large flower bed in the front had a mesh/cloth on top of the soil that is supposed to help prevent weeds from growing, but they just grow right through it and it is not down far enough in my opinion so you can see it at times. It has been there since we moved in, so it was time to get it out of there. I pulled all of it out of there, pulled the weeds and mixed up the soil.

Sunday I worked on the small front flower bed and planted new flowers and put black mulch down. This week I'll mulch the large flower bed, but it's getting there.


On Saturday we started our raised garden in the backyard. I've been wanting to do this for at least 5 years now and we never took the time to do it. This is the year! With the help of Shawn's family, we built the frame, cleared the area and added soil to the raised bed. The area to the right of the bed is where we had a tree cut down back in August because it snapped and fell on the house. Kind of an eye sore, but what do you do?


With a busy week ahead of baseball, a wedding, and 2 birthday parties, we hope to plant our fruits and veggies very soon. We'll have to see. I'm glad that the raise bed is built and ready to go. I'm really excited to plant and tend to the crops and watch them grow!

1 comment:

My Family said...

How fun! Looks like it is going to be a great garden.