Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

I took the kids to the store earlier today to pick out birthday cards for Daddy.  We went to the kids section and they both begin looking for the perfect card.  Jase knew right away that he wanted to get Daddy a Star Wars card (go figure).  Allyson originally picked Mickey Mouse, but fell in love with a #3 Chuggington card.  When the card was open it sang the Chuggington theme song (Disney Junior show) . . . we heard it over and over again in Walmart.  Jase finally decided on a card that had a sticker puzzle of the Millennium Falcon Spacecraft inside.  I thought that this would be fun for Daddy and Jase to work on together.  [If you read my post the other day about Walmart, I just want to tell you that Jase did have to go #2 while in there today . . . what is it about that store??]

We celebrated Daddy's birthday this evening at the house with family.  It was a great and very relaxed time.  Thanks to all the family that came over, we had a house full! We had Domino's pizza, which was super tasty.  Shawn requested we order it from there and it was definitely a good call!  We also had fresh fruit instead of a cake since Shawn has cut out sweets until Easter.  I am so proud of him, today at work bible study they got him a yummy looking chocolate cake and he passed on it.  He sent me a picture of it and I wanted to reply with "can you bring me home a piece?", but I thought that probably wouldn't be the best response for a supportive wife!! :-)









I thought Allyson was going to have to sleep with the Chuggington card, but I was able to convince her to leave it downstairs! (She played it ALL night long!) What a great night and a year for that matter! Happy birthday Daddy, we love you!

2 comments:

My Family said...

Happy Birthday Shawn! Glad he had a great day. That is funny about Jase and going potty at Wal-mart. For us it is Casa ole and Paige. Never fails. HA!

Jessica said...

Haha!! Glad it is not just my kiddo!!