Sunday, November 13, 2011

How Sweet It Is

This evening I helped host a baby shower at church and I must say it turned out so "sweet"! Our theme was "How Sweet It Is" and had all kinds of goodies at every table for the guests. We decorated 9 tables for adults and 2 kids tables.  It was a great turnout, with probably over 90 people in attendance...what a blessing.  The church definitely showered Charles and Tiffany with love and support tonight.


In the pics above, my sister made these super cute, but super easy cotton candy pops.  Jase even helped her make them!  She got a large marshmallow and put it on a lollipop stick, dipped in it melted almond bark and then covered them in cotton candy.  We wrapped them up and they stayed fresh for the shower!  I think these were the first to go!


In the pictures above my sis also made some cute diaper candies.  She rolled up a diaper, slapped some ribbon on it, put it in a clear bag and tied the ends.  Looked just like a wrapped piece of candy...so cute! She and my mom also made some lollipop suckers out of baby wash cloths and a baby spoon.  They were great for table decor and went along great with our sweet theme.


The above pics showcase the two kids' tables.  Each place setting had crayons and a place mat to color on and of course...plenty of candy for them! And the big bundt cake candle was a hit...it completely filled up the Fellowship Hall with a sweet smell! (Haha...bundt cake...reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding!)


My mom and I made this sweet diaper cake for the couple.  Tiffany's mom decorated TINLEY with super cute paper and embellishments; they matched the pink and brown decor perfectly.


And yes, the presents...what a blessing for this young couple.  :)  We loaded up my settee couch (it was my grandmother's) and thought it would be sweet for the couple to sit on and open gifts together.


And if goodies on every table wasn't good enough, we had a whole table designated for Sweet Treats! My best friend did a great job on the cupcakes...so stinkin' cute...and tasty! Alisha made some swirled white almond bark; it really turned out nice. And Tiffany's mom made those dipped marshmallows!!

Whew...it was definitely a sweet party...I am still digging the theme if you couldn't tell by all the puns.  Glad I could help out and happy for the expecting couple.

Oh, and a quick cupcake stand tutorial for those interested.  I wanted a cute cupcake stand, but did not have the cash flow to buy one, so Dollar Tree it is! I bought a large foil platter and a 2-pack of smaller foil platters from Dollar Tree.  I taped two toilet paper rolls together and wrapped them with pink scrapbooking paper I had; I made two of these.  Then I hot glued the rolls to the foil platters and badabing badaboom...a cupcake stand!  See pics above for finished product on display. So for $2 I made a stand that held more than 2 dozen cupcakes!


No comments: