Saturday, November 12, 2011

Up All Night

Ok...so I am pretty much hooked on the sewing machine!! I'm about to call it a night, but thought I'd blog about what I have been doing all night...especially since everyone is asleep at my house and I have no one to show it to! ;)

The fabric flower was fun to make and pretty simple.  I followed this tutorial, but changed it up at bit and didn't add the jewel/brad in the middle.  I am using a soft cotton, almost flannel material, so I was able to stand up the pink fabric and glue it together to make it stand up.  I've made two of these (this one and another out of felt) and I've come to the conclusion that they work the best if you put them on a hard or soft (below) headband; and not a clip so much.  Allyson wears clips nearly everyday, but I am liking this new look to change it up a bit, so we have started experimenting with hard headbands, and so far she has been keeping them on.

The morning will come very early.  Night night!

Matching Burp Cloth, Onesie, Bib & Fabric Flower Headband
Matching Burp Cloth and Bib

2 comments:

Casey said...

oh emm gee. is this a joke? maybe i went and got moms sewing machine but im def not going to be able to pick it up this fast! when can i put in my order?!!

Jessica said...

Hahaha!! The patterns I used were so helpful and my sewing machine speed was on turtle slow!! I really enjoyed it!