Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I took a few days off from blogging.  It wasn't intentional, it's just how it worked out.  I actually enjoy posting and sharing what we are doing at the French house.

We had a nice time in Livingston for Thanksgiving.  We were about to leave and my stepdad mentioned something about next year having the meal catered and I thought to myself...whoa, and miss out on all this good food?!  But over the past couple of days I have been thinking about it and I am with him.  The ladies had been cooking all morning (and the previous day as well) and then we had a mishaps with frying the turkeys (hole in the new pot), so we didn't end up eating until 3:00-3:30.  Then you eat and it seems you are finally able to relax and visit.  Before you know it, you're eating dessert and heading home and that's that.  Don't get me wrong, I love the food (maybe a little too much), but the company of family is definitely more important than 20 casseroles and appetizers.

Friday afternoon we went to Lowe's and picked up a Christmas tree.  We ended up going with the one that Jase picked out!  And if you ask him, he will tell you that he always picks out the best tree...confidence...my kid does not lack!
Picking out our Christmas tree...in shorts!!
Oh and you may notice that we're ALL in our TEXAS LONGHORNS gear!! We were definitely flying the burnt orange and white after our big win over the Aggies.  Hook 'Em!!

Yesterday I got down the Christmas decorations and decorated our living area and the tree.  Oh, how I love this time of year.  I think next year we will get a tree as soon as we see a fresh tree lot in town. 


I made the wreath from items that I had bought from the Nutcracker Market a couple of weeks ago.  It is made out of deco mesh...I love that stuff!  I had some leftover, so I made a bow topper for the tree and added some free flowing pieces in as well.  And the Christ-mas sign I also got from the Nutcracker.  It defines Christmas as: A Christian feast commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, often celebrated by special gifts, greeting, and hospitality.  I thought that was a great description of what Christmas is...celebrating Jesus...may we never forget or lose sight of that.

Shawn and Jase did a great job of hanging all the lights up outside...did I mention I love this time of the year?? :)

I do not have too much planned this week...just trying to get back into the routine of things here at the house.  Well, one big thing is straightening up the study that is attached to our bedroom.  When we had Allyson's birthday party (September 3rd) we pulled a ton of the toys out of the playroom and stored them in the study...well, nearly 3 months later I still have toys in there..sad I know!! Most of the toys left in there are slated for a garage sale in the next week or so (fun!!), but that room needs to get in order.  I am hoping to set up a creation station in there a.k.a. a craft room! That way my hobbies are not always on the kitchen table (thank you, Shawn, for loving me and putting up with my clutter). ;) 

No comments: