Monday, November 14, 2011

Sick Baby Girl

Allyson was sick all weekend long with a low grade fever, coughing, sneezing, loose bowels, throwing up...poor baby.  She woke up this morning fever free, but I could tell that she just wasn't herself yet.  I made her an appointment for this afternoon to be on the safe side and get her checked out.

I guess our doctor was running behind because my appointment was at 4:10, but at 5:20 I still had not been seen by her yet.  Even with over an hour wait and trying to keep two kids entertained, it was not the worst day ever because I love my pedi...she is so down to earth and always makes me feel so comfortable and most of all...she loves my kiddos and has patience with them.  Especially when she is trying to talk and Jase interrupts her to tell her something "very important", she takes time to listen and I think it makes her adore him more.  :)  Love it...I could probably use some of her patience!

Well, the doctor listened to her breathe and she could hear some wheezing at the end of her breath.  I brought Ally in about 2 1/2 weeks ago on a Saturday and she was diagnosed with walking pneumonia, so I was bummed that she heard the wheezing still.   Ally's throat was also red, so they went ahead and tested her for strep...and it came back positive.  Hoping and praying that Jase does not get it.  It wasn't too bad to keep them apart today since Jase was at school and I kept Ally home, but tomorrow it will be us three at the house all day.  Hopefully the weather is ok and we can venture to the backyard for some fresh air.

We got an antibiotic and an inhaler along with a puffer (anti-static valved holding chamber).  You attach the inhaler to the puffer and put the puffer mask around their mouth and nose and squirt the inhaler and it will allow Ally to get the affect of the medicine through the puffer.  My doctor said that this is like the new breathing machine.  Only thing is that the nurse was demonstrating how to use it on Ally, and Ally completely freaked out because a stranger was putting a mask over her mouth and nose.  So, my first administration this evening at home was not all that great...I am hoping she will relax and let me give it to her.  Poor baby...she is up in her room just a coughing away while sleeping.  I hope she gets some good rest.  I hate it when my babies are sick.  Prayers for my little girl tonight.

2 comments:

The Fab 4 said...

We are VERY familiar with the "puffer"!! If you need any tips let me know ;)

Jessica said...

Tips...I will take them. She thinks I am going to hurt her or something. :( I've tried 3 time to administer, but not much luck. I tried to have her press the inhaler, no luck. After the 3rd time I let her play with it and told her to put it up to her nose/mouth. I even put it up to my mouth and showed her. I wiped it out...hopefully I don't end up with strep next! Ha!