Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Obsession...maybe

I am little behind the bandwagon with Pinterest.  I downloaded the app on my phone probably a few months ago after reading about it, but never looked into what it was.  If you are unfamiliar with it, it is basically an pin board to record your favorite things, ideas, recipes...whatever you find on the internet you can "pin".  It is your "favorites" neatly organized.

I just signed up last night and have to admit that I've been on it quite a bit.  And I am not only repinning items from other people, I am finding things that interest me on the internet and pinning them to my board.

I have been dying to make something with the materials I have on-hand.  I found a super cute flower that is made out of fabric and can be attached to a headband or clip (or to anything else really).  I have some fabric here at the house, but once I got it out I realized it wasn't the right kind and I do not have any felt. Oh well, I'm moving forward with it. 

The only fabric I had that was the same print on both sides was a plaid maroon print that I used to make Jase a Deer Park shirt.  There goes the girly girl flower!!  This fabric is also not as thick as the one she used in her tutorial, so mine was not as full as hers.  It looks like felt would be a good thing to use for this or wool.


Not a complete fail, but definitely not worthy to be worn!  haha!  I'm looking forward to trying out many more crafts and maybe try my luck at sewing...we'll see.

No comments: